Tuesday 22 September 2015

Why should school children read newspapers everyday?

As a 10th class student my father went for employment purposes to Indonesia. Suddenly, me and my brother were lonely. We used to play and spend time with our father who now used to come after every 3 months. I remember Sundays were like horrible in the starting month as we had nothing to do.

My mom asked me if I want to read Indian Express on Sundays. At that time I used to read Rajasthan Patrika which is a popular newspaper in Jaipur and also read some English dailies in school during morning newspapers. Having nothing else to enjoy, I asked my mom to ask the newspaper vendor to subscribe us to Indian Express as well.

I really remember my first encounter with the paper. It was year 1996 and I got the first copy of Indian Express in my hands on a chilling Sunday in Jaipur.

As I turned the papers I found that it had all the masala to make a teenager like me glued to it for long. From General Knowledge to Puzzles, National News to International News, Entertainment News to Comments, Analysis to Statistics, and not to forget the Editorial section, everything was cool. From that day onwards I started cutting and preserving stories of my interest which would be anything.

I remember within 2 months I had loads of paper cuttings and the newspaper was subscribed to for everyday.

From then onwards I have been reading newspapers everyday and believe me it feels nice when you know anything about everything. And all this for under Rs 10 everyday.

Its a GREAT DEAL guys.

The views presented here are of the author and may not express the views of AllSchoolUniform.com on the subject.

1 comment:

  1. Regardless, accidentally this is the thing that a child learns. He understands how to break his shell and exchange with different plays amusements at review schools in Bangalore. Play School in HSR Layout

    ReplyDelete